Easiest was to make Dark Mode version of Custom Colors?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kunkel321

Easiest was to make Dark Mode version of Custom Colors?

Post by kunkel321 »

My color scheme https://i.imgur.com/NIpIx3U.png has been this way for a while. I don't really want to change it... BUT I'd kinda' like to give Dark Mode a try for a while. My colors are way too bright for DM, but I figure that I can make a "Dark Mode version" of each.

It occurs to be that I could use Instant Color Filters, but that seems clunky. I guess I could also make another version of my xplorer.ini file. But then other (non color) customizations would have to be updated all the time in two different ini files.

What I plan to do, is just duplicate all of my color code definitions (the colored things in the screenshot). I'll have a bright version and a dark version, then I'll uncheck the half that I'm not using at any given time.

Are the definitions stored in the ini?? I couldn't find them. I thought that editing the ini would be the easiest way to bulk-duplicate them. If the list had an 'Editor Mode' (the little pencil icon) it would be easier...

Do folks have any other recommendations for setting up a "Dark Mode version" of my custom colors?

EDIT: Interestingly, I just noticed that if you right-click an entry, there are options such as "Copy all checked items" but there doesn't seem to be a way to paste them into the list(??)

EDIT:
Groovin'

The "copy all" command does put the text on the clipboard. I pasted it into notepad, then cut the definitions and put each line into a new definition entry... Didn't take long.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

admin
Site Admin

Re: Easiest was to make Dark Mode version of Custom Colors?

Post by admin »

There are (vague) plans to make "color layouts" storable and loadable like other layouts.

mazot

Re: Easiest was to make Dark Mode version of Custom Colors?

Post by mazot »

Only had time yesterday to produce script.
So here it is . It does a similar restart to "Load Configuration...#181",but uses same ini.
The settings are written to the "darkconfig1.xys".
darkconfig1.xys
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 98 times