Tag list dropdown item limit

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kkonstantinidis

Tag list dropdown item limit

Post by kkonstantinidis »

My question is about the tagging feature. I have created more than 30 tags. I have added the tag Insert/Remove/Find buttons on the toolbar. I use the dropdown menu of these buttons extensively but the issue is that it shows only the first 20 tags and if I want to access all of them, I need to click "Tag List...".

I was wondering whether there is any way to increase the number of tags shown in the dropdown menus of those buttons so that I can access them easily. If not, is there any workaround, perhaps with the use of a script or a list that supports scrolling beyond some number of entries? I could not find a related discussion here.

Note: I am using tag clouds (most of those I have created contain more than 20 tags) and I activate the tag cloud I want by loading it from a .txt file, according to the instructions here: viewtopic.php?t=16562

o7blue

Re: Tag list dropdown item limit

Post by o7blue »

I would like to expand on your question and ask if it's possible to display less tags in the dropdown (preferably 0). I have over 3000 tags and only use the 'tag list...' button to find the tags I want. Is the dropdown count a hardcoded value?

highend

Post by highend »

Is the dropdown count a hardcoded value?
Probably yes. At least I see no sign of a configurable value in the .ini file...

Ofc you can recreate the functionality of those buttons via scripting (with one exception: the "update taglist" entry on right click) and use any kind of displaying any number of tags.
But scrolling through a menu of displayed tags is cumbersome (if it exceeds vertical screen space) so I wouldn't call that efficient.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, can be tweaked in next beta.

kkonstantinidis

Post by kkonstantinidis »

admin wrote: 12 Jan 2021 14:25 Okay, can be tweaked in next beta.
Thank you! Looking forward to see this feature, will be very useful for those of us who use tagging a lot.

highend

Post by highend »

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vanellij

Post by vanellij »

This is a great feature, thank you for adding it.

The menu item works well, but it would be nice to have the list of tags scrollable via the mouse wheel (right now it's scrollable by the clickable arrows at the top and bottom of the list, but that gets tedious).

Thanks for all your hard work!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi and welcome,

unfortunately (and strangely) that Windows menu does not support the mouse wheel or other easy scrolling.

Don