New User - impressed so far

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tim11g

New User - impressed so far

Post by tim11g »

I just discovered XYExplorer as I searched for a better file manager.
I have been working with 20-30 open File Explorer windows, which gets unmanageable.
XY looks like a good solution to keeping multiple folders with diverse paths readily available.

As I review the purchase options, I see I can buy one version for $40, or lifetime for $80. But if I buy for $40, then decide in a year to go for lifetime, I would pay $104 total.
So the motivation is clearly to make the decision to invest in "lifetime" within the 30 days evaluation.

From what I see here, it looks like XY is actively developed over many years (since 2004), so hopefully it will continue in the same pattern.
I've been burned before by "lifetime" offers for software where lifetime turned out to be that of the company offering software, which turned out to be short.
I'm so far inclined to jump in, but it's always helpful to have more information.
Is the full change log available as a single document? Is the "wish list" also contained in a single document? Any other perspectives from those here?
XYplorer 24.90 on Windows 10

nas8e9

Re: New User - impressed so far

Post by nas8e9 »

tim11g wrote: 06 Jan 2021 20:40 Is the full change log available as a single document?
Hi and welcome,

Be careful what you wish for :).

Is the "wish list" also contained in a single document? Any other perspectives from those here?
Not sure what you mean by wish list, there is a wishes-section in the forum and a roadmap-post by the developer?

RalphM

Re: New User - impressed so far

Post by RalphM »

Welcome to the forum! With hope you might stick around.

As a loyal user of XY for the last 15 years (therefore even before it was renamed to XY) my opinion might be a bit biased.
I can say it is the single most worthy investment I have ever made in paid software. I bought the first lifetime license for one of my former jobs and happily bought another one when I left that job a few years later. In all the years with usually daily beta releases, which I usually install as soon as they are out, I had to downgrade only twice again because of an unexpected bug in the new beta release - an outstanding track record, I think.
Even after 15 years, I still discover new ways to improve my workflow with XY on a regular basis and this not only through newly added features.

My advice: Go for the lifetime, I certainly would do it again.

The changelog is available as a textfile on the XY website while the roadmap is a thread on this forum as the priorities change quite often there.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)