Open in new foreground tab expanded

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
hermhart

Open in new foreground tab expanded

Post by hermhart »

Using the new CEA Middle-click on folder to Open in new foreground tab, is it possible that when it does that, that it expands that first level? I typically will middle-click on a network drive to open in it in a new tab, and though I know holding the Shift key down will expand that first level, is it possible to have this happen without holding down the Shift key? Or perhaps with a script?

jupe

Re: Open in new foreground tab expanded

Post by jupe »

Yes it is possible, if you changed the click action to Run Script instead, and put the effort into researching and writing a script, anyway here is a rough outline of one way to achieve it via script:

Code: Select all

$item = <CEA_ClickedItem>;
  $sub  = quicksearch('/l=1 /dn', $item);
  tab('new', $item);
  if ($sub) { showintree $sub; }
If you use the above script instead of your own, when you try it if you find that the base folder is displayed just out of view in the tree, and you are not happy with that, make sure your Scroll Margin is set to a positive number (eg. 2):

Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Usability | Scroll margin

or adjust the script to compensate instead.

hermhart

Re: Open in new foreground tab expanded

Post by hermhart »

Thank you for the response and the help.

As a side-bar, I do write scripts when I can, and I do try to figure it out for myself, I'm just not as good at it.