JPG files not added to Recent Files Listing in List Management

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
klownboy

JPG files not added to Recent Files Listing in List Management

Post by klownboy »

As the subject states I noticed that my JPG extension files are not being added to the Recent Files listing. I don't see them in Recent Files in List Management or under [mruOpenedItems]. There's the setting AddToRecentDocs in XYplorer.ini which is set to "1". ; Tweak: 1 = notify system of opened docs, 2 = of opened locations, 3 = both My JPG files are opened by double clicking typically. I have a Customized File Association to open them with Image Eye.exe "Image Eye|D:\Graphics\Image Eye\Image Eye.exe" jpg;jpeg;ico>openwith "D:\Graphics\Image Eye\Image Eye.exe";

What's odd is that my GIF files are added to the listing opened by doubleclicking using the same program, ImageEye.exe, but the difference is they are opened directly by the system without the need for the CFA. My PDF files opened are also added though no CFA is used for those either. So apparently the files opened using a CFA are not added to the Recent Files listing. There was a previous post concerning this topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21514 Can this be corrected or is there some trick or another tweak which my override this behavior? Thanks.

Quick update: I did uncheck the association of JPGs to ImageEye in CFAs and the problem goes away. I originally added that CFA since there were issues with Image Eye and file icons associated with image files. It seems like it should be something that corrected in any case (i.e., just because there's a CFA, it shouldn't prevent the file from being stacked in the Recent File Listing).
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440