Strange multi-select

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kunkel321

Strange multi-select

Post by kunkel321 »

I recall someone else posting about this recently, though I can't find the post. Somehow "multi-select" got turned on. I thought maybe I accidentally hit a hotkey combo and turned it on. So I checked my custom keyboard shortcuts and there was no hotkey assigned. I turned it off again via Tools>Customize List>Multiple Select.

If it ever happens again, is there a way for my to "capture the error" for Don?
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

kunkel321

Re: Strange multi-select

Post by kunkel321 »

Ummm....
If this (Tools>Customize List>Multiple Select) is turned off, then I can't ever select multiple items, even if I hold the Ctrl key down!

How do I get the normal behavior of only selecting one item via mouse clicks but multiple items if I hold down Ctrl ??? As previously mentioned, I thought I remembered someone asking the same question recently and the answer was a Configuation setting. I couldn't find the setting this morning, but I shall look again!

EDIT: Well I guess it's a mystery.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

kunkel321

Re: Strange multi-select

Post by kunkel321 »

Here we go... That previous post was:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10691
and my problem was that I had accidentally turned on 'sticky select.' I didn't notice I had done so, so I then unchecked 'multiple select.' Anarchy ensued.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel