How to adjust the fuction of Ctrl + mouse wheel?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kkklebron

How to adjust the fuction of Ctrl + mouse wheel?

Post by kkklebron »

Hi there.
I want to know whether XYplorer can use ctrl + mouse wheel to control the pattern of views, instead of changing the font size, just like Win's explorer. For example, when I press ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel up, I can adjust the [views] from [small icons] to [large icons].
Looking forward to your reply. :biggrin:

klownboy

Re: How to adjust the fuction of Ctrl + mouse wheel?

Post by klownboy »

I agree this would be a nifty feature for XYplorer, to be able to cycle through various views using the scroll wheel with a modifier held down. Maybe not control though since that's in use for font size. Possibly shift scroll or use control here since it's easier to access and give shift modifier over to font size. People don't tend to change their font size that often. To be useful though a feature like this would have to provide a means to control the cycling among a limited number of views (e.g., 3 views). You wouldn't want to be cycling through 3 different thumbnail views for example generating a needles amount of thumbs. So the user would provide 3 different views in configuration as the view options for the cycling (e.g., list <-> details <-> thumbnail #3). I think that would be pretty slick. [This question wasn't in the wish section but it should be].
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting, I did not even know that. :) I'd say it's something for the winter...

kkklebron

Post by kkklebron »

klownboy wrote: 23 Sep 2020 16:39 I agree this would be a nifty feature for XYplorer, to be able to cycle through various views using the scroll wheel with a modifier held down. Maybe not control though since that's in use for font size. Possibly shift scroll or use control here since it's easier to access and give shift modifier over to font size. People don't tend to change their font size that often. To be useful though a feature like this would have to provide a means to control the cycling among a limited number of views (e.g., 3 views). You wouldn't want to be cycling through 3 different thumbnail views for example generating a needles amount of thumbs. So the user would provide 3 different views in configuration as the view options for the cycling (e.g., list <-> details <-> thumbnail #3). I think that would be pretty slick. [This question wasn't in the wish section but it should be].
quite agree with you. Actually, I only need two views for myself, [details] for normal time and [thumbnail] for image folders.
To be honest, I didn't expect this feature to be developed. I thought I would get a solution from the experts in the forum.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are so many ways to achieve this without the wheel. Ask if you still need one...

kkklebron

Post by kkklebron »

admin wrote: 27 Sep 2020 09:04 There are so many ways to achieve this without the wheel. Ask if you still need one...
Wheel is just a habit of mine under explorer. If any other shortcut key is effective, it will be undoubtedly helpful. :o

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Simply assign a keyboard shortcut (Shift+F9) to menu View | Views | Details. It will toggle Details view with the last other view.

kkklebron

Post by kkklebron »

admin wrote: 27 Sep 2020 10:34 Simply assign a keyboard shortcut (Shift+F9) to menu View | Views | Details. It will toggle Details view with the last other view.
It helps!!! Thanks :party: