Copy/Move in foreground

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tinny

Copy/Move in foreground

Post by tinny »

When I copy/move files from one directory to another with CTRL-X/C/V, the files used to show up immediately in the target folder and the selection was preserved.

With the update to 21.00 (I think), this changed. Now the target folder does not show the files immediately, and I have to reload to see them. This also means that the selection is gone and I can't immediately tell which files were added to the folder anymore. This is bothering me a lot - enough to create an account and ask, hee.

I am not aware of changing any configuration. As far as I can tell, the behavior changed with the version update.

I suspected it could have to do with background processing of copy/move operations, so I disabled those. I have disabled Custom Copy operations and background processing, but it seemed to have no effect.

Any ideas how to get the old behavior back?

highend

Re: Copy/Move in foreground

Post by highend »

Which options under
Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh

are ticked?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

tinny

Post by tinny »

"Auto Refresh" was not selected. Selecting it solved the problem. (I am not aware of having touched it, but hey. Who knows.)

Thank you for the fast help!

tinny

Post by tinny »

It happened again, and I realize that I probably turned it off using the keyboard shortcut (CTRL-Shift-R).

i'm just putting this here so I can find it again next time. (Because of course I had to look up where in the options to re-check it. coming back here was easier than looking through all the options. ...so many options lol).