Folder specific settings?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Allan

Folder specific settings?

Post by Allan »

I'm currently using the free version (5.55) and considering the full version. Is it possible to have the program (either version or both) remember folder specific settings? For example, I want most folders sorted alphabetically when they are opened, but there are a couple I prefer sorted by date. Can this be done?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder specific settings?

Post by admin »

Hi! Folder specific settings are actually planned for one of the next versions.

And thanks for calling them "Folder specific settings"! There has been a dispute here about the best name for it, and I think now it's finally settled. :)

Allan

Post by Allan »

Thanks - and you're welcome :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: Folder specific settings?

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:And thanks for calling them "Folder specific settings"! There has been a dispute here about the best name for it, and I think now it's finally settled. :)
Allen, welcome to the XY forums! :D
If you're interested in the debate that occured, take a look here:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=2066
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

On that note, kind of, or just as a tip in case someone missed it : I was never realy into this feature, but since it was talked about I did thought about it, and after a while I thought I could end up using it, since there's a coupleof locations i want a different sort order than elsewhere.

But now, and I know this isn't the same (at all), I don't need it no more thanks to Scripting :)

Given how most of the time I go there using Catalog, I've replaced my basic locations with scripts and I can not only change the sort order, but also other settings like Hide Folders or Suspend Auto-Refresh ! Very cool if you ask me.

Sure, it's not FSS and doesn't work using List/Tree to get there, but since I mostly use Catalog anyways it's even better for me :D
Proud XYplorer Fanatic