Column layout revert to default when changing path

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
huhiha

Column layout revert to default when changing path

Post by huhiha »

By default, the column layout should stay still when the path of the current tab is changed(e.g. when opening a folder).

But I changed some setting long time ago, and I can't change it back now. I can't remember which was the setting I changed.

Long time ago, I didn't want the column layout of a new tab to copy that of the last tab. So I switched some setting to make it that, the newly created tab has the default layout.

Now, whenever I change the path of the tab(including open a folder and go up), the layout is restored to default, and even Show Folder Sizes will be turned off if previously turned on.

Deleting the XYplorer.ini file will restore the setting, so it must be a settings problem.
But I've made so many changes to the settings. I just want to find the specific setting and fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

huhiha

Re: Column layout revert to default when changing path

Post by huhiha »

I found it, in this topic.
View -> Folder View Settings

Disabling Folder View Settings will do.

RalphM

Re: Column layout revert to default when changing path

Post by RalphM »

Or make your desired layout the default setting would have solved this as well with the added possibility of creating special FVS for special cases where the default doesn't work.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)