I'm dealing with a problem where some browsing of network folders with 16bit tif images is VERY slow (takes roughly .5s for each additional image file open) when windows explorer at the same time just works normally on the same folders. The parent directories or even subfolders work quickly if there are no such images. Preview is off, no thumbnails are being shown.
File types are 16bit tifs (10mb each), some python files.
I've searched the forum and tried many of the suggestions for similar issues
Settings currently, but I've already played with them without better results:
- cache thumbnails on disk (off) ... was on .. no difference
- create all thumbnails at once (off)
- Fast network enumeration off (or on)
- Assume that servers are available (on)
- Pre-check availability of servers (off)
- cache network servers (on)