Drag and Drop Fails

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
TestMeister

Drag and Drop Fails

Post by TestMeister »

Windows 10- XY 20.90.0700
Logitech Performance Mouse MX

When using D&D from within XY, after 5 or so moves, it no longer works.
I close/open XY and it works again then fails.

I can't nail exactly when this started but maybe within the last month or so.
I don't see any threads on this so do I have a config issue or conflict with another app?

nas8e9

Re: Drag and Drop Fails

Post by nas8e9 »

Do you have Tools > Configuration > File Operations > Enable background processing, enabled?

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

Yes, and I don't recall enabling it but must have by accident.
How does that impact D&D?
I see from reading the Help that the move is passed to XYcopy which processes it in the background; however, the UI is not updated, even after a period of time. Is that by design?

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

TestMeister wrote: 16 Jul 2020 21:33 I see from reading the Help that the move is passed to XYcopy which processes it in the background; however, the UI is not updated, even after a period of time. Is that by design?
XYcopy should show a progress window. Do you have Tools > Configuration > File Operations > Custom Copy Operations > Configure > Show progress dialog, enabled?

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

I did not but after enabling, I now see the dialogue.

I have never used this feature before;
Since this is required to see the dialogue during a background file process, does Custom Copy refer to Dan's proprietary XYCopy?

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

XYcopy allows background processing. Custom Copy is XYplorer's alternative copy/move method which offers additional functionality.