How to search history in address bar?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
f00b4r

How to search history in address bar?

Post by f00b4r » 17 Jun 2020 07:43

I can't overemphesize how much I rely on this feature in Firefox:
I type part of a recently visited website-url into the address bar and there I am.
Unfortnately, I can't figure it out in XYplorer. I am pretty sure that it has an option like that, but it doesn't give me the results I am looking for. I visited the directory "V:\Scans\Arbeitsvertrag" just before I made that screen shot:
xy_search.png
xy_search.png (42.69 KiB) Viewed 160 times
The "History"-Section of the configuration seems to be handling the back/forward

The "Drop-down Lists" doesn't seem to affect it either:
conf.png
conf.png (24.35 KiB) Viewed 160 times
However I do find those directories in the recent-menu:
recent.png
recent.png (36.8 KiB) Viewed 160 times
I am a bit overwhelmed by all the options, so please excuse me if i overlooked a simple option somewhere :)

Current workaround is binding a key to Go -> Recents. It works great, but it isn't intuitive.
Also it would be PERFECT if I was able to (automatically[config]) sort those results by the frequency I switch to that directory.

Any help would be appreciated.
Michael

highend

Re: How to search history in address bar?

Post by highend » 17 Jun 2020 08:12

I visited the directory "V:\Scans\Arbeitsvertrag"
You mean, you just navigated to that path but did NOT enter/paste it into the address bar (and hit enter at the end)?
Also it would be PERFECT if I was able to (automatically[config]) sort those results by the frequency I switch to that directory.
Possible, but only by scripting it -> Needs its own window where results would be displayed...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

f00b4r

Re: How to search history in address bar?

Post by f00b4r » 17 Jun 2020 09:45

highend wrote:
17 Jun 2020 08:12
You mean, you just navigated to that path but did NOT enter/paste it into the address bar (and hit enter at the end)?
Yes, you understood correctly: I just tried it: If I paste it to the address bar and hit enter, I can later access it. Interesting to know but not exactly a workaround for my problem, because i usually navigate using the tree.