Click Trigger custom column script value lost after restart

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
ChristianRR

Click Trigger custom column script value lost after restart

Post by ChristianRR »

For my first XYscript, I'm trying to set a persistent value in a custom column, as a timestamp (not the cma attributes). A custom column with Caption:step_date, Type:Script, Format:Date, Trigger:Click, and the script

::return <date dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss>

works, but of course the resulting value is lost when I restart XYplorer. Can the value be kept without creating an external file?

I then tried to put that script in a user button and set the Custom Column type to Property, but I can't find out (help and forum) how to refer to (and set) this Custom Column property for the current list item...

I would much prefer the column script.
???

highend

Re: Click Trigger custom column script value lost after restart

Post by highend »

You aren't storing anything here, you're just returning the date...
For permanently storage, write it to the tag database, in this case e.g. the ex1 column:
tag <date dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss>, <cc_item>, 3, 2;
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

ChristianRR

Post by ChristianRR »

Thanks, I can't try this right away, but will let you know here later tonight (Europe time).
:tup:

ChristianRR

Post by ChristianRR »

highend wrote: 14 Jun 2020 18:38 You aren't storing anything here, you're just returning the date...
For permanently storage, write it to the tag database, in this case e.g. the ex1 column:
tag <date dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss>, <cc_item>, 3, 2;
Thanks again for the tip, it works just fine!