Most readable font

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
davidhelp

Most readable font

Post by davidhelp »

Hello
What is the most readable font used in XYplorer by everyone?
I am using Windows 7 and currently am using Calibri at 12.75 size.
I adjust the size and kerning and change the background color to a light tan: FBF7EE
Is there a way to use an image as a background?

highend

Re: Most readable font

Post by highend »

Is there a way to use an image as a background?
No
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

mikes16

Post by mikes16 »

I use Noto Sans for everything. For Mono fonts I use JetBrains Mono for everything from text editing to coding.

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

Thanks, I just tried Noto Serif 13.5 and it looks good.
Many variations available for Noto Sans.

kger

Post by kger »

I use Verdana 8.4 for the main contents font.

However, over the years I have come to realize that hardware and relevant software make a huge difference in how a font looks to your eyes. I have been frustrated many times when finding a programming font I love in one application or on one machine, only to find that the same font looks awful on a different machine or even among different applications on the same machine. (I am speaking of Windows machines here, of course.)

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

I have a Dell OptiPlex 5040 desktop pc at work.
I have to wear my reading glasses to read the text...... the monitor is from 2012 and the screen is dim and streaked from the cleaning crew. The power supply is 185 watts. The graphics card replacement that Dell recommends is about $30 <- 30
Also slow as molasses in winter with Office 365, Teams, Onedrive installed.

My Gigabyte Technology Z97X-UD5H home built pc from 5 years ago has a graphics card that says it needs a minimum of 400 watts. Better ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group) graphic card and a better LG 32" monitor makes the text much sharper and easier to read on my home pc.

The text on an Apple pc's at the store always look sharper Microsoft Windows.

JoeMarfice

Post by JoeMarfice »

davidhelp wrote: 15 May 2020 11:50 I have to wear my reading glasses to read the text...... the monitor is from 2012 and...
OMG, and I thought my place was bad. We all got new laptops last August - and they are provably much slower than the predecessors (which I had for 4 years)!

But you win this round. That sucks.