Auto fill, collapse, auto for columns

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mikes16

Auto fill, collapse, auto for columns

Post by mikes16 »

Hello - I would like to define the behavior of how the columns collapse, or don't, when I resize the window.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did search and was unable to find what I was looking for.

My reference is the competing product starts with a D. I want to use XYplorer, this is not a rant on how great D is.

In D there is a column editor where you define which fields are displayed, their width (fill, auto, collapse, or numerical value), a max field for the same, and then a check-mark for which column to sort by.

I apologize if these functions already exist. If they do - could you help me out? If not would functionality like this be something you were interested in exposing for XYplorer?

Thanks for any help, comment or guidance. I enjoy XYplorer and I have reason to switch from D. The D product, by the way, has taken to crashing every time I do a search across multiple directories and files where one of the paramters is to look inside the files for specific text. XYplorer does not crash with the same search criteria.

I only miss the control of the columns as explained above (and maybe they are there) and I miss double clicking on my desktop to bring up D.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto fill, collapse, auto for columns

Post by admin »

The new Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Columns | Adaptive name column width is probably a step into that direction.