?Question: file icons in list: getting the ON/OFF status (and/or position) for script

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
autocart

?Question: file icons in list: getting the ON/OFF status (and/or position) for script

Post by autocart »

Hi all,

Does anybody have an idea of how to get the status whether file icons in list are displayed or not in a script.

Plus, if possible, how to get the position of a specific file icon in pixels (whether from screen, main window, client, list control borders, column boarders, ... does not matter).

Thx and regards, S.

highend

Re: ?Question: file icons in list: getting the ON/OFF status (and/or position) for script

Post by highend »

- In the usual way?
Saving specific settings, reading pane.ini files -> Style

- Without e.g. using AHK? Nope
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

autocart

Re: ?Question: file icons in list: getting the ON/OFF status (and/or position) for script

Post by autocart »

Thx, that did help me somewhat already.
highend wrote: 19 Apr 2020 22:56 ...
- Without e.g. using AHK? Nope
Do you know of a way how to do it with AHK?
(Preferably without the user noticing in the UI, e.g. I figured it would be possible to briefly initiate the inline rename box and measure its position and then compare it with the position of the edge of the name column, but that causes a flicker when initiating the inline rename box, besides it might interfere with the users current interaction.)

highend

Post by highend »

Pixelsearch...

autocart

Post by autocart »

:kidding: Yes, that was the other thing I wanted to mention which I would prefer to avoid. But forgot to, before hitting send.

I think I'll have a closer look at the pane.ini option, although I don't like working with saving files but it probably is still faster and more reliable than the pixelsearch option.

Nevertheless, thx for the help. You did help me more than it might look like.

Regards, S.

highend

Post by highend »

although I don't like working with saving files but it probably is still faster and more reliable than the pixelsearch option
That has nothing to do with pixelsearch. That was an answer to the "find the position of"...

autocart

Post by autocart »

Of course, I was comparing these two options in that sentence. :tup:

EDIT:
highend wrote: 19 Apr 2020 23:53 That was an answer to the "find the position of"...
Ahh, didn't see that at first. Sorry. Yes, for the position I have an idea but hoped that there would be a more beautiful idea (which I might have not thought of so far).

My idea for the position is, once I know whether checkbox selection and/or file icons are enabled or not (both is available with saving the current tabset and then reading the pane.ini as you wrote) then it should be fairly simple because the size of checkbox and icon seem to always stay the same. Only their indent from the left changes a little bit with the font-size-zoom factor. But that is ok. So, I only need to see if writing and then reading the ini file(s) is fast enough for me.

Or is there anything else which will influence the position?
I have:
1) Status of whether the icon display is ON or OFF to begin with.
2) Status of whether the checkbox selection is ON or OFF.
3) Font-size-zoom factor.
4) Name column position (and whether the Name column is displayed at all).
5) Generally the position of the list view.
6) The horizontal scrolling position of the list's content.
7) The vertical scrolling position of the list's content.
8) Did I forget anything?

highend

Post by highend »

Custom line spacing, touch mode...

autocart

Post by autocart »

Mamma Mia, :shock: touch mode... I never used it before, think I'll gonna pass on that one... would make everything so much more complex. [Will just filter this mode out of the limits where the script works.] But yes, good point. Thx!

Custom line spacing :tup: ... that's right! Forgot to mention that one. It actually does not only influence the file icons position (by influencing the position of all rows) but it actually makes the "hot target area" :om: of the icon bigger because that area reaches across the whole row height. But I have this one covered. :ball: Thx for the reminder!