Newbie problem

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
NormB

Newbie problem

Post by NormB »

I downloaded XYplorer 4 days ago and thought WOW - looks really good. All went well for 3 days and then yesterday inexplicably (at least to me) it started playing up regrading connection to our second machine on our LAN (\\saraband4). It got stuck, hung for ages, finally I crashed out, rebooted and reopened it. From then on it has refused to see anything on that m/c (just says not currently available), even though it definitely is and is viewable in Windows Explorer.
Today I decided to try installing it on Saraband4 to see whether there was any problem in the other direction, which I did and it is working and can see my first m/c.
So I decided to try re-installing. Before I did so I took a copy of XYplorer.ini in the hope that I could rescue settings I had made. I uninstalled and re-installed. On opening everything looked fine and I could see Saraband4 again.
I then closed it, changed over to the copy of XYplorer.ini that I had saved and - you've probably guessed - \\Saraband4 is no longer available.

It would appear that something in my .ini file has become corrupted - but what and how?

I am attaching the ini file ("_nw" as "not working" version - just temporary rename)

Thanks

NormB
Attachments
XYplorer_nw.rar
Problem .ini file
(17.52 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie problem

Post by admin »

Whoops, sorry for the late reply! Does the problem persist (with the latest version)?