Thumbnails don't generate until loaded in Windows Explorer

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
darxtar0000

Thumbnails don't generate until loaded in Windows Explorer

Post by darxtar0000 »

I can't get XYplorer to create its own thumbnails. They only way to get thumbnails to load is to open the same folder in Windows Explorer. Once the thumbnails are generated in Windows Explorer, I can refresh XYplorer to see the thumbnails. Any idea why this is happening?

My current thumbnail settings are below

m48tx

Re: Thumbnails don't generate until loaded in Windows Explorer

Post by m48tx »

Have you checked the setting of Menu > View > Views to make sure the appropriate display mode is checked? In my experience, XY always creates/displays thumbnails according to configuration/view options selected.

darxtar0000

Post by darxtar0000 »

m48tx wrote: 07 Apr 2020 16:06 Have you checked the setting of Menu > View > Views to make sure the appropriate display mode is checked? In my experience, XY always creates/displays thumbnails according to configuration/view options selected.
Yeah it's set to thumbnail view right now

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Try putting the full and proper path to your thumbnail folder in the box under "Cache thumbnails on disk" (e.,g., D:\Tools\XYplorer\Thumbnails\ or what ever it is or want it to be in your case). Usually it's the thumbnails folder under XYplorer data folder (use the ... search).
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

darxtar0000

Post by darxtar0000 »

klownboy wrote: 08 Apr 2020 12:56 Try putting the full and proper path to your thumbnail folder in the box under "Cache thumbnails on disk" (e.,g., D:\Tools\XYplorer\Thumbnails\ or what ever it is or want it to be in your case). Usually it's the thumbnails folder under XYplorer data folder (use the ... search).
Still isn't loading. Not sure if this helps or not but this issue is happening with all filetypes but images. Image thumbnails generate by themselves in XYplorer but I'm having issues with video thumbnails. I checked under Config -> Preview -> Previewed Formats and all of the video extensions were enabled there.

highend

Post by highend »

XY doesn't generate thumbnails from videos where the OS has no codec for...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

m48tx

Post by m48tx »

In my experience, XY generates video thumbnails (with optional film strips) for local disks and mapped network disks when accessed directly, but does not generate video thumbnails for mapped network disks referenced via symbolic links.
Attachments
Symlink to mapped disk U:
Symlink to mapped disk U:
ScreenShot00120.jpg (399.08 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Mapped disk U:
Mapped disk U:
ScreenShot00119.jpg (509.34 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Local disk E:
Local disk E:
ScreenShot00118.jpg (525.35 KiB) Viewed 1857 times

m48tx

Post by m48tx »

If you are missing the appropriate codec, please check the K-Lite Codec web site. The standard version is appropriate for most users. If you chose to install, please pay close attention to the multiple install options (however, you can take the defaults on most).

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm