How do I flatten a folder?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
zmachine01

How do I flatten a folder?

Post by zmachine01 »

How do I flatten a folder? I'm almost legally blind and I know I've seen this tool before, but now I can't find it

nas8e9

Re: How do I flatten a folder?

Post by nas8e9 »

zmachine01 wrote: 15 Feb 2020 00:31 How do I flatten a folder? I'm almost legally blind and I know I've seen this tool before, but now I can't find it
You can add Flatten Folder to the context menu of both the folder tree and the file list by going to Tools > Configuration > Menus, Mouse, Usability > Context Menus, and then selecting the Folder Tree and/or the File List button.

Theodecarvalho

Post by Theodecarvalho »

nas8e9 wrote: 15 Feb 2020 03:03
zmachine01 wrote: 15 Feb 2020 00:31 How do I flatten a folder? I'm almost legally blind and I know I've seen this tool before, but now I can't find it
You can add Flatten Folder to the context menu of both the folder tree and the file list by going to Tools > Configuration > Menus, Mouse, Usability > Context Menus, and then selecting the Folder Tree and/or the File List button.
Hi, I found your posts and follow instructions. But "flattenfolder" isn´t appear in context menu. How can I see it?

Thanks.

highend

Post by highend »

Configuration | Other | Shell Integration | 64-bit Windows | [ ] Show the 64-bit context menu
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Theodecarvalho

Post by Theodecarvalho »

highend wrote: 21 Jul 2022 13:36 Configuration | Other | Shell Integration | 64-bit Windows | [ ] Show the 64-bit context menu
I found your post, but I tried:
06.jpg
06.jpg (426.25 KiB) Viewed 943 times
07.jpg
07.jpg (263.8 KiB) Viewed 943 times
But. It there a way to batch flattenfolder? I selected a bunch of folders and XY flatten to my root folder. I wanna to flatten on inside the folders that I selected.

Like this:

Root (where I am)
- [asset 01]
--- [maps]
------ file 01
------ file 02
--- [example]
----- file 03
----- file 04
- [asset 02]
--- [maps]
----- file 05
----- file 06
--- [example]
----- file 07
----- file 08

I want to compact like this:
- [asset 01]
--- file 01
--- file 02
--- file 03
--- file 04
- [asset 02]
--- file 05
--- file 06
--- file 07
--- file 08

highend

Post by highend »

Do you really think that [ ] means: Checkmark it? oO

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12393

Theodecarvalho

Post by Theodecarvalho »

highend wrote: 21 Jul 2022 14:14 Do you really think that [ ] means: Checkmark it? oO

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12393
Yes. It was Unmarked, than I tested, than I mark and none of this works. Then I print. I won't even bother in taking a new print, believe me if you want to.

Man, I gotta it, Im a CG teacher. I receive the exact same questions every single month from new students. You´re doing this for a long, long time and you probably tired of same questions...

Thrust me: If i´m here, loosing my time, humiliating myself asking for something that I know that I will not receive, that because I´m already searched and I didn´t found! Google, Help, forum... I´m struggling and reading, asking for the last three days to complete a simple task... Very, very disapointed! And my problem still not solved. Im only getting little jokes and impatient from you.

If you dont want do respond, please, let someone do. It will be more helpful ignoring me and leaving the topic opened. I´ll start a new post. This one gotta useless.

Grab a tea and stay safe.

highend

Post by highend »

Just show a screenshot of Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Context Menus | File List......