Regular Expression Renaming Script Files....

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Don, I think here's a problem. If the location to store the information is in program directory, you normally should not change it, as this is "kind of write-protected". (While I think it would be *very* fine to have it changeable...)

And I expect that next windows-version will still harder disable update of program directory - so the "current default" whould be, what windows (and security) dislike and maybe disable.

But if the optins to select on install are "install to Harddisk" meaning .ini in AppData, or "to USB-stick" meaning .ini in subdirectory below program-dir, it would not be *so* difficult?
(You see: I dislike *in* program dir still very much!)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:About a GUI for the scripts, I think TheQwerty's idea of using a new UDC for loadscriptfile is just great : it very simple & easy to use, it allows a user to have his scripts listed on a menu, it doesn't clutter the Go to category, and if you don't want (all) your scripts showing up there, you can have it. You decide.
Okay, finally (hehe, I'm just dreaming) let's add a nice GUI for scripting.

My original plan was a new UDC category "Run Script" with a field "Caption" and a multiline text box "Script" where you could place one script, each command on its own line if you like.

Now with XYS indeed another new UDC category "Load Script" makes sense. The interface would look identical to the Goto UDC. In "Location" you simply put the XYS in absolute or relative specification.

Agreement out there? :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:Now with XYS indeed another new UDC category "Load Script" makes sense. The interface would look identical to the Goto UDC. In "Location" you simply put the XYS in absolute or relative specification.

Agreement out there? :)
If I understood it correctly, I believe this would be a good solution.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

Agreed - lingeringly. :)

When scripting was mainly calling IDs i thought "If we only could have ..." at least twice a day - but considering Don's functioning i added "Patience!".

But only a handful of betas later and now with an almost complete OS at hand i am already used to my white on red "Custom commands" captioned catalog category with neat, cascaded menus that represent UDC categories (can hardly remember how i did all those things any other way). In User menu remained only those less than frequently used items and of course those KS assigned or surely will be after my so-called retirement end of year - when my brain shall be released from all those mnemonics and crippled paths to more than just frequently used of my 120.000 library holdings and all those darn crooked SAP accounts (that eat up so much useful space there), so i can learn them.

I think i now would use/abuse the GUI for documentation once in a while.

However agreed - imagining especially those who will run into XY later on (in crowds) and did not grew into XYscript evoluting.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
Pagat wrote:I just found the change log entry in the ZoomPlayer forum where exactly this behaviour was introduced. I think this explains better what i meant with my above post: ...
Okay, I think about it. Thanks.
Well, I did it in 0063. Any feedback? Does it work as expected?