Help: Not enough space on target drive (NAS)

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
davidnwitcc

Help: Not enough space on target drive (NAS)

Post by davidnwitcc »

I want to move a bunch of folders and files from a Server 2008 to a new Synology NAS. I tried two methods (backup and custom copy) configured to preserve dates. Both method failed. It appears that XYplorer is unable to determine the size of the NAS drive (6TB RAID10 4 hard drives).

I copied a folder from the server to the NAS (\\NAS Device\test folder) in windows explorer, then I right click folder and left click properties within XYplorer and it reported the right size of the folder. When I tried to custom copy the folder on the NAS (\\NAS Device\test folder) to another location on the same NAS (\\NAS Device\dest folder\ ) expecting the result (\\NAS Device\dest folder\test folder), it gave me the same error that the target drive does not have enough space.

What did I do wrong?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Help: Not enough space on target drive (NAS)

Post by admin »

When you are somewhere on the drive the free bytes should be shown in the left section of the status bar. Is the correct value shown?

davidnwitcc

Post by davidnwitcc »

Thank you for your response. The status bar does show the correct amount of free space on the NAS (~ 6TB).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, please try the next beta (v20.70.0013).

Not sure yet why it does not work.

Please run this script through the address bar. Does it return the correct free space?

Code: Select all

echo get("freespace", "\\NAS Device\test folder");