Additional Favorite Folders Needed

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
TestMeister

Additional Favorite Folders Needed

Post by TestMeister »

I have a UDF button defined as "Favorite Folders" #550

This works great but now, stretched across multiple PCs, external drives and my connected phone, the vertical list is extending beyond the page boundary.

Are either of these possible-
-Can an additional FF UDF button and list be defined, accessed and managed like #550?
-Is it possible to have #550 in a multi-column format which would cut the list in half

Or perhaps there a better feature I should use?

(Note that I use Catalogs but I don't see them as a quick pick-list solution as a given catalog would run into the same vertical limitations)

highend

Re: Additional Favorite Folders Needed

Post by highend »

1. You can't modify the behavior of the #550; menu

2. There are half a dozen ways...
a. Display them in a 0-9, a-z submenu style
In other words: you would have one main menu and <x> submenus, each for a group of folders that begins with the same char
Con: Can be confusing if the first char of the last folder part is used

b. Divide the count of all favorites by a limit you specify (e.g. 25 items per submenu) and display a main menu with <x> submenus, each of them containing <limit> folders
Pro: Very flexible, will always fit if you set a good limit

c. Show them in an inputfile() requester. Can be filtered and width + height predefined. Requires more scrolling, though
Con: Rather ugly compared to a menu

d. Show them in a (large) html form.
Con: Selection only via mouse (tabbing through it would take much too long) and again, confusing regarding the first char like in a.

All solutions require scripting...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

highend

Post by highend »

E.g. an example for d.

The red "navbar" on the top allows to jump to folders that begin (the last part of the folder, not the beginning!) with that character.
All left red characters are a link that jumps back to the top.
When scrolled down the "Top" button on the right bottom becomes visible and provides a jump to the top as well.

Ofc this requires more coding than the other solutions (html form, css, javascript...)
html_form.png
html_form.png (33.1 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't get a notification on your 2nd reply

Thanks for all your suggestions but my coding skills are very limited. I was hoping there might be a way to use one of the commands in combination with arguments to have a menu like the one presented in the Windows Taskbar Links as below
Links Toolbar Menu.png
Links Toolbar Menu.png (23.31 KiB) Viewed 1940 times