Easy open for a Paper Folder

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
DixieCup48

Easy open for a Paper Folder

Post by DixieCup48 »

Is there an easy way to open a specific Paper Folder by the assignment of a script to a CTB (or any other method that will do the job) :?:

highend

Re: Easy open for a Paper Folder

Post by highend »

paperfolder()...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

DixieCup48

Post by DixieCup48 »

This may suprise you but actually I had found the command Paperfold and spent an hour working with it. Simply cannot get the syntax correct! No matter what it was fed it kept coming back with Not Found: Location or Item

So here is the goal - To open as a Tab "2019 - End of Year.txt" which is in "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\Paper\2019 - End of Year.txt". It may be a case of not seeing the forest through the trees but is sure has me stumped.

Thank you for bringing enlightenment as the year winds down. :D

highend

Post by highend »

Seriously?

paperfolder("2019 - End of Year", , , "l");

I guess I give up...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

DixieCup48

Post by DixieCup48 »

Wow :!:

Thank you. My feeble attempts were off the mark by a couple of light years. Even after having studied the examples in the PDF did not understand that so many parameters had to be carefully accounted for. This has been a learning experience.

May the New Year bring you all you desire - plus 20%

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

I use this Custom File Association to open paper folders (within the /Data/Paper path) with just a double-click.

Code: Select all

"Paper Folder Files|:paper"<xypaper>\*.txt>goto "paper:".replacelist(<curitem>,"<xypaper>\,.txt",,",");

Millzey

Post by Millzey »

Same here but mine is a little different, opens in a new tab

"Load Paperfolder|:paper" <xypaper>\*.txt>::tab("new",regexreplace(<pfaitem>, regexreplace(<xypaper>,"\\","\\") . "\\","paper:"));