Sort order in Picasa differs from Win Explorer VS XYPlorer

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tbm

Sort order in Picasa differs from Win Explorer VS XYPlorer

Post by tbm »

I know it's been discontinued by Google but I still use Picasa photo viewer, just because it works perfectly for what I need. The only problem is it doesn't respect my specified sort order if I open an image from XY.

All my photos are sorted in exactly the same way in both Win Explorer and XY, i.e. by Name>Ascending. And if I open the 1st photo in a folder from Win Explorer, it correctly appears as the 1st sorted image in Picasa. But if I use XY, it's got a weird sorting order (don't know if it's date created/modified or something). Even though I've specified sort order for all folders and sub folders as name>ascending.

But if I then open Win Explorer and just copy the folder path from XY and paste it into Win Explorer (and not even do anything else) when I now open the photo again from XY, it's now in the correct sort order. So the process of just opening Win Explorer in the background and pasting in the folder path seems to do something that tells XY to use the correct sort order of name>ascending. Unfortunately it forgets this as soon as I close XY and open it again later.

Is there a sort option somewhere that needs selecting or something else I'm missing?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sort order in Picasa differs from Win Explorer VS XYPlorer

Post by admin »

Hm, interesting information. Nobody knows how Picasa works in the background but it seems that it expects Explorer as a partner. I don't think there is a chance to do anything about it.