New user - couple questions so far and a bug

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
DennisT

New user - couple questions so far and a bug

Post by DennisT »

I just found XYplorer and am impressed. I have a couple questions so far

In Win Explorer I'll have a list of the contents of a folder that is sorted by file name. There are a lot of files in the folder. With any file selected I'll press a key (IE d) and the focus will move to the first file in the folder list that begins with a d. Can I do this in XYplorer? If so, what setting?

Is there a way to merge the shell context menus? I'm on Win 10 x64 and the 64bit context menu is different from the non x64 context menu. I've tried the "show the 64-bit context menu" but that doesn't allow all the context items to show.

Bug: I have a server named D001. In DNS it shows as D001. In DNS I have another static Host record named ProfileDataHost that points to the the same server. All GPO/programs/etc use the name ProfileDataHost. Why do this? When D001 is replaced with D002 I don't have to change all the GPOs/programs/etc. I just change the DNS record (and possibly reboot some servers/systems to flush caches). We've done it this way for quite a while and it works really well. Windows Explorer understands this so I can enter \\ProfileDataHost into the address bar and it works transparently. XYplorer doesn't understand it. I can enter \\D001\somewhere and it works, \\ProfileDataHosdt\somewhere just returns Location currently not available.

admin
Site Admin

Re: New user - couple questions so far and a bug

Post by admin »

Welcome to the club!

1) Try this: Configuration | General | Tree and List | List | Auto-select first item

2) Which XYplorer version are you using?

Don

DennisT

Post by DennisT »

Thanks for the how to on the auto-select. I'm on version 20.60.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try 20.60.0100, released one hour ago. Some network bugs have been fixed there.

DennisT

Post by DennisT »

That's pretty impressive, fixing a bug an hour before I reported it. :D

DennisT

Post by DennisT »

I'm trying the auto-select and it doesn't seem to work. I do get a slight "flicker" when I press a key but the focus doesn't change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DennisT wrote: 25 Nov 2019 18:42 I'm trying the auto-select and it doesn't seem to work. I do get a slight "flicker" when I press a key but the focus doesn't change.
Whoops, I totally misread your post! Forget my previous tip. What you wish should work out of the box. Doesn't it? :?

The name of the feature is "Type Ahead Find" and it's enabled by default: Configuration | Find and Filter | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Type Ahead Find | Enable type ahead find

DennisT

Post by DennisT »

No. I made a few changes in the settings, maybe I broke it. :oops:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

See what I added to my previous post...

DennisT

Post by DennisT »