preview not available

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: preview not available

Post by j_c_hallgren »

eddiewa wrote:When I install - whatever - version the preview feature is available but after a time the licence code appears and it is no longer an evaluation program.
Ok, so Don is the expert, but just as a fellow user, I read the above and was confused by the phrase I've bolded...do you mean that it's asking for a license? And what time interval? As you said after "a time" which would seem to be less than one day...
eddiewa wrote:I did purchase this licence and I guess it is somewhere in the PC but I don't seem to be able to install an evaluation program purely as an evaluation program.
The license code exists only in one place, and that is in the XYplorer.INI file within the XY folder...if you wish to install a beta vers as if you were a unlicensed user, you'd can either just rename your entire XY application folder to another name, so that you still have it intact and then install as normal, or make a copy of the XYplorer.INI (for backup) and then remove the "Register" block within the original.

BTW, Don's odd reply about what program are you running may be due to the influence of some beverages consumed as related to their festival! :roll:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

eddiewa

preview not available

Post by eddiewa »

Thanks guys for trying!

I am unable to recreate the conditions where preview is available at all so I guess I am stuck with this one.

I will now have to try and find an alternative program

Regards
oldie newbie

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Strange that it doesnt work for you. Have you tried this on other Vista machines to see if its your PC or something with your ini.

Have you tried XYplorerFree (also Vista compatible) and see if it works there??
http://www.xyplorer.com/download/xyplorer_free.zip

Hope something works.

admin
Site Admin

Re: preview not available

Post by admin »

eddiewa wrote:Thanks guys for trying!
Try this:

Adjust Hardware Acceleration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Windows 2000 and XP (and Vista?):
- Right-click on desktop
- Select Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot
- Then set the hardware acceleration slider to the third notch (from left) and apply the changes
- Reboot not required

If this does not work, send me your XYplorer.ini file. If I cannot help you on, you get your money back.