Lock column sort?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
PeterRassmusen

Lock column sort?

Post by PeterRassmusen »

Hello.
Is it possible to lock the columns?
Sometimes I want to click on a folder or file on the top of the list and I misclick and hit the "name" sorting column.
It really isn't a big deal but it would be cool if it was possible.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Lock column sort?

Post by admin »

Hello,

No it's not possible at the moment. Would not be hard to add. I only wonder how many users would, uh, use it. I mean, mis-clicks can happen anywhere, and the consequences can be heavier than just an undesired sort by name. :)

Here is another idea: If you look closely there is a 2 pixel distance already now between the top row and the column headers. This distance could be made larger...

Don

jupe

Post by jupe »

If you are interested, another option you have that is currently available, in details view it is possible to hide the sorting header completely if you want, then to achieve sorting, you would just use the context menu or View menu, or a toolbar button, reply if you want instructions how.

Alternatively Ctrl+Shift+Mousewheel over the list will make the line spacing larger, having the effect of making the top item in the list a larger target to hit.

PeterRassmusen

Post by PeterRassmusen »

Hi guys! Thanks for the tips!

I made the spacing a bit larger and that helps!

I'm in details views now. If I could remove the header completely that would be fantastic.
I tried looking for the option but couldn't find it.
I also opened the .ini file but I really don't know what option to toggle in there.

Thanks!

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi, to remove the sort header in Detail View you need to set the tweak SortHeadersOffInDetailsToo=1 You also should have - in Configuration > General > Sort and Rename > Sort > "Show sort headers in all views" unchecked.

How to tweak: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

PeterRassmusen

Post by PeterRassmusen »

@klownboy

Found it and working perfectly after I toggle it to 1.
Thanks!