Opening as default explorer in MediaMonkey

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tbm

Opening as default explorer in MediaMonkey

Post by tbm »

I've followed the instructions to make XY the default system explorer and it seems to work well in everything I've tried so far. The only place it's not working is in my music manager (MediaMonkey). MM has an option to right-click a music file and open it in explorer, which is something I use quite often. But it's still launching Windows Explorer by default when I do this.

I asked the devs of MM and they said to check my 'shell' values for the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon (currently set to 'explorer.exe')
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell (currently set to 'XYplorer')

It looks like the first setting could be the culprit but I'm hesitant to change registry keys in case I mess something up! The devs said they're not sure that Win 10 will allow you to change that easily or will revert back to Explorer as the desktop environment.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tbm

Re: Opening as default explorer in MediaMonkey

Post by tbm »

As well as MediaMonkey I've found that Google Drive also opens Windows Explorer as the default shell instead of using XY (when I double click the 'Backup & Sync' icon in the tray).

I've checked the Shell Integration options in the configuration settings. Do I have to change any registry settings or is it just not possible to get XY as default in every situation?