Highlight sort column problem

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
selukwe

Highlight sort column problem

Post by selukwe »

I cannot set highlight sort column for both panes - it gets set for one pane only and even when I switch the panes it's still the same pane that highlights the sorted column. What's wrong and how can I enforce this behavior also for the other pane?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Highlight sort column problem

Post by admin »

The sort column is highlighted only in the active pane.

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

But that's what I presume, of course. But even when I make the other pane active, still only its header row (Name, Ext, Space, etc.) becomes highlighted, not the entire column (with all its files and folders) as is the case with another pane. I attach screenshots for better presentation.
Attachments
Full column highlighted.jpg
Full column highlighted.jpg (103.75 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Full column not highlighted.jpg
Full column not highlighted.jpg (117.23 KiB) Viewed 1502 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:? The header should not be highlighted at all, only on hover. I cannot reproduce your screenshot.

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

That's correct, when I was making the screenshots, my mouse hovered over the header.

The same behavior continues even when I switch the panes; the same pane highlights full column while the other one highlights the header only (on hover).
Last edited by selukwe on 26 Sep 2019 15:22, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, don't know what you mean. What is the problem?

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

I mean that even when I switch the panes (top goes to bottom, bottom goes to top), the same behavior continues. Only one pane's column is fully highlighted.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uhm, yes, I confirmed that already here: viewtopic.php?p=172906#p172906

It is as it is.

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

As you can see from my screenshots, I took both of them separately when each pane was active. Nevertheless, the second screenshot does not highlight the selected column.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can somebody help?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Well to me it looks like it is highlighted albeit in a different color to the top pane, the first column is white and the other columns are grey in the second image, so are you saying it happens in all folders in the second pane, or only 1 particular folder/tab?, because for example if that was a network/portable device folder it would require setting a different highlight color here:

Configuration | Colors and Styles | Colors | List == BROWSE
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Colors | List == NETWORK

Alternatively if you have this option disabled:

Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply list styles globally

then you might have highlight disabled in the second pane only?, or saved in a FVS

Tools | Customize List | Highlight Sorted Column

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is still true today:

Code: Select all

v11.20.0012 - 2012-06-03 14:51
    * Dual Pane: Now, if "Configuration | Dual Pane | Shade inactive 
      pane" is ticked then the inactive pane will not color the active 
      column anymore.

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

Thanks for the new tips. I checked it, it's all set correctly in my XY configuration.

But I found this new thing.

It's just one folder which behaves like this including all its nested subfolders. It took me a while to figure this out as I mostly use this folder as my most used working folder and rarely change this pane to go elsewhere. But what is interesting, it behaves like this on drive C only; I have a backup of this folder on drive D and there the selected column duly highlights as should be.

Does this bring me any near to a solution how to enforce the proper behavior also for the folder in question on drive C? Perhaps manual editing of some XY config data - which, where and how? Could be some conflict somewhere.

I'd definitely like to sort this out.

jupe

Post by jupe »

@admin: Yeah that is still true, but selukwe already confirmed that the screenshot was while the pane was apparently active.

@selukwe : With the root location and the tab open of where the problem is and the second pane active is this menu item ticked?
jupe wrote: 26 Sep 2019 23:21 then you might have highlight disabled in the second pane only?, or saved in a FVS

Tools | Customize List | Highlight Sorted Column
If you open the same location in the 1st pane do you get the same results? If you disable FVS then open a NEW tab in the second pane and navigate to that same location is it then correct? To take a shortcut to resolving this, if the same location displays correctly in the first pane, just use this menu item (Panes | Move Tab to Other Pane) and it should copy the view settings into the other pane with the tab.

https://www.xyplorer.com/tour.php?page=fvs

selukwe

Post by selukwe »

Checked also this. No difference.