program closes went starting config

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Detrshiva

program closes went starting config

Post by Detrshiva »

in the trial version or with my key installed, when I try to open configuration through tools menu or with the cog from the toolbar the cog displays a few seconds and the program closes.

I have changed XYplorer.ini setting SettingsWarnReadonly from zero to one without any change

I hate file explorer Sooo much, sure would like to replace it with XyPlorer
tony

PROBLEM SOLVED

What I was seeing was a coffee cup before it closed. But I "solved it??" somehow I had installed installed twice. I was going to uninstall it and put it back on, when I removed it with an uninstaller the XyPlorer icon didn't go away but it now works fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: program closes went starting config

Post by admin »

This usually happens when using cracked keys. A cool way to fix it is to buy a legal key. ;)

Detrshiva

There is a problem your key

Post by Detrshiva »

I started a thread the other day, but I can't find it now I guess because I thought I figured it out it was taken down

I was complaining about seeing a coffee cup and the program closing

What happened was I bought a poorboy key from ebay for Version 19.90, because I already had v20 installed in evaluation mode I tried to put the key in it. The program rejected it, I cant uninstall 20 and put 19.90 back on because when I try to install it, it phones home and says I am downgrading.

Help-about says full lifetime for all versions but many things trigger the coffee cup on the top left of the window and in red at the bottom it says there is a problem with the key.

Don't know how to fix it, if the key was just 19.90 (but I can't go back) or the only other thing I key thing of theirs to sell. I don't even know if the should work on other versions

can some one splain
thanks
tony

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

it doesn't phone home to figure out that you are downgrading; that information is contained within the configuration files.
Everything should work fine after you click away the downgrade notice, if the license is not fake. So, good luck.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Detrshiva

There is a problem your key

Post by Detrshiva »

I posted a week or so back about the coffee cup shutdown, I think I know what I did. I bought a key that said it was for 19.90 but I had 20.00 installed already so I tried it. it worked some, if I looked in about XYplorer it said full lifetime version but it I tried to open more tabs or use the cog to run configure it a coffee cup would appear on the top left and in red bottom right it said in red it said there is a problem with your registration key.

I reinstalled windows and running it trial version it works fine. NOW I'm afraid that when it phones home after I try to use the key the same thing will happen

have some time time left hope someone has an answer
tony

highend

Post by highend »

Just buy a legal key on www.xyplorer.com?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal