Questions for ex TC users :)

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
DuxX

Questions for ex TC users :)

Post by DuxX »

Hi there, I am new in XYPlorer and I have some question for more experienced users:

- can I enable somehow right mouse drag and (de)select function like in Total Commander?
- how to edit right click contex menu to show option for file or folder scan with my antivirus?
- is there any plugin to help me to see thumbnails for Canon raw files .cr2 and .cr3?
- is it possible to synchronize two folders with choice of which file types I want to be synchronized?

That's all ... for now :)
Best regards

highend

Re: Questions for ex TC users :)

Post by highend »

FastPictureViewer Codec Pack 32-bit (https://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/)

By selecting the "Show 64-bit Context Menu" from the context menu after right clicking
a file / folder

Could be done by scripting
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DuxX wrote: 06 Aug 2019 11:05 - can I enable somehow right mouse drag and (de)select function like in Total Commander?
Well, I don't know TC, so what is this function?

DuxX

Post by DuxX »

admin wrote: 06 Aug 2019 11:20
DuxX wrote: 06 Aug 2019 11:05 - can I enable somehow right mouse drag and (de)select function like in Total Commander?
Well, I don't know TC, so what is this function?
If I hold right mouse button and drag mouse over file(s), that file become selected or deselected if he was previously selected. So basically it is very easy to select large amount of different files in list while mouse cursor going over them just by holding and releasing right mouse button.
Also you can select and deselect one single file just by clicking right mouse button. If you hold right mouse button without moving it for a short time you will popup standard context menu.

Thanks to all for answers. I like some features of XYplorer but also need some functionality I have asked for. I'll check for codecs and I can try that THING with scripting :)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Xyplorer does select/deselect files by left or right click dragging. If you want to select additional files not contiguous with the previous selection, you'll have to hold down the control key while drag selecting or clicking single files. The context menu comes up if you right click drag but that can be ignored to select additional files. If after making a selection, you're initiating a file copy/move op by dragging you may have to hit Esc to remove the context menu when using right click dragging but not if you use left click drag and drop. (i.e., the context menu will go away).
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

DuxX

Post by DuxX »

It seems that option is not enabled by default, at least not in my case 8/ ...

Thanks

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Yes, selection of files using the mouse work should work as a default. I don' t know about TC, but have you tried from Windows File Explorer. You can take a look at all the XYplorer Configuration settings under Tools | Configuration | General | Mouse, Menu, Safety, but nothing there that should disable selection by dragging that I can tell. Take a look also at all the settings under Tools | Customize List and make sure Sticky Selection or Checkbox selection are not checked.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440