Make github desktop's "open in explorer" command use xyplorer?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
aminomancer

Make github desktop's "open in explorer" command use xyplorer?

Post by aminomancer »

Not really an xyplorer question I guess but I'm wondering if anyone knows where this rule/parameter might be defined. I'm hoping it's not hard-coded because they give you an easily exposed option of changing the default text editor and terminal. I figure there might be a registry entry or config setting somewhere which contains a direct path to explorer.exe, since it's one of the few programs that sends these requests directly to explorer. I tried that ShellIncludeSpecialFolders=1 tweak but I don't think that's actually the cause. Github desktop opens ALL folders in windows' explorer, so it's not because they're marked as shell folders or something. I think it just uses a predefined explorer path for this association and if it's not in the binary then I guess I should be able to change it. I figured there's probably a lot of overlap between xyplorer users and git users so maybe someone's looked into this already and has a solution? Thanks!