Custom copy failures

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MBaas

Custom copy failures

Post by MBaas »

I confess: I sometimes attempt to overwrite files while having them open in another app. SaveCopy has an option to show which files couldn't be copied - but what I would like even more was if at the end of the copy these files wouldn't be unselected.
Is it worth posting that under "Wishes" or is there a trick or a tweak that I am missing?

nas8e9

Re: Custom copy failures

Post by nas8e9 »

It's not what you asked for, but which option in Configuration > File Operations > Custom Copy Operations > Configure > On failures, do you currently use? Do Ask or Cancel work better for you?

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

I'm using "Continue" - which is sort of right (I think): I want it to whatever is possible and then let me deal with the exceptions...

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

But maybe I should try "Ask" instead! That sounds even better, the more I think about it :oops:

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Ask has the slight disadvantage that the file operations pauses until you answered the question.
Not ideal for big jobs you would like to run unattended.
I liked the part of your request for it to do what it can and then deal with the remnants at the end.
If this was possible with "Ask" that would be great, i.e gather all the conflicts and bring them up at the end of the job.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That would be more complex than it might seem and probably a can of worms, too. So: Not at the moment.