Windows 10 App Execute DLL

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cldcp00

Windows 10 App Execute DLL

Post by cldcp00 »

Hi there,

I use an Windows 10 app called Shazam that identifies that track that is playing. After some investigate i discovered that the app is not started by the normal .exe file but a DLL.

I have no idea how to execute an DLL but google the info below

To run the functions in a DLL, first find out what those functions are using any PE (Portable Executable) analysis program (e.g. Dependency Walker). Then use RUNDLL32.EXE with this syntax:

RUNDLL32.EXE <dllname>,<entrypoint> <optional arguments>
dllname is the path and name of your dll file, entrypoint is the function name, and optional arguments are the function arguments

Any ideas how I could execute from Xyplorer?

Thanks

nas8e9

Re: Windows 10 App Execute DLL

Post by nas8e9 »

I'm confused: the Shazam website doesn't list a Windows app. Where did you download it from?

Separately, could you post a listing from the Shazam app folder (presumably somewhere in C:\Program Files)?

cldcp00

Post by cldcp00 »

Hi There,

Since Shazam was sold to Apple the app is no longer available from the Windows 10 its was installed via the Windows Store.

Regards

cldcp00

Post by cldcp00 »

Apps installed in this fashion are not in Program Files folder but in WindowsApp folder and are DLL

highend

Post by highend »

The run script command can (obviously) start rundll32.exe with any necessary parameters
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal