Thumbnails - will not display all Thumbnails

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JGAndo

Thumbnails - will not display all Thumbnails

Post by JGAndo »

Hi Guys,
I have a problem with XYPlorer Free not displaying all the thumbnails. We have a folder with 1083 drawing pdfs. It was ok last week and it stopped displaying all thumbnails in the folder. I uninstalled XYPlorer and re-installed to try to fix it but still no joy.
I do not have 'display only Cached thumbnails' ticked. Any ideas? I have been using it for a while and it has been great and now I can't do without it,
cheers James
Attachments
XYplorer problem.jpg
XYplorer problem.jpg (233.76 KiB) Viewed 401 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnails - will not display all Thumbnails

Post by admin »

Well, XYPlorer Free is ooold and unsupported. Try the latest version...

And when you say "We ..." that sounds like a company to me. About time to make the jump to the paid version IMO...

JGAndo

Post by JGAndo »

Thankyou but that doesn't explain why the thumbnails are not all displaying,
cheers James

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

No it doesn't answer your question but the "old and unsupported" might hint at the developer rather spending his time on fixing bugs in current versions for paying customers. Fair enough don't you think?

As nothing has changed in XYPlorer Free in a very long time you might want to look at other changes you made to your system and the differences between the files that do display as opposed to the ones that do not.

And testing it with the current version (in trial mode) would at least tell you if upgrading to the paid version would solve this particular problem.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)