Highlight Files in the XYCopy Queue

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Highlight Files in the XYCopy Queue

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
I am currently moving large files (20GB-40GB each) to/from my NAS to my local. I navigate folders adding a few here and there while XYCopy is doing the hard work. Is there an option for when a file is queued up for XYCopy that it's displayed in the XY file list could be colored, highlighted, etc. ? Sort of like, hey, I'm queued up here ! Sort of like how a Cut in Explorer turns the file gray. This way, if you go back to a folder, you can clearly see it's queued up already.

I looked through all the color settings and didn't see an option. Apologies if I missed it.

jupe

Re: Highlight Files in the XYCopy Queue

Post by jupe »

No there is no option.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Thanks for confirming.

Don - any chance something like this can be considered for a wish/roadmap item ?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning Don,
Now that you have the AWESOME coloring for clipboard items. Did I mention how bad-to-the-bone this new feature is ? Anyway, is it possible to add another color for XYCopy queued items ?

Luigi

Post by Luigi »

I also want to know when files are queued in a move / copy operation, a highlight like suggested would be a good addition.

Maybe show the queue number next to file names...

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
Any chance at looking at this as a future option ?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Bump. My original post is from May 2019, think by now it would have had time for an official response.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, sorry for being that late. I've read it now and I'll think about it. Looks like a useful idea. And easy enough to do. The hardest part will be to find a cool way to show it. We'll see...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I categorized this as "maybe nice to have". It is pretty complicated to do, slows down the app (to keep it in sync the external processes have to be constantly watched, and the list constantly redrawn on changes), and further complicates the visual impact of the list.

So, I would not wait it. :)