Favorite Directory

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
moonrumble

Favorite Directory

Post by moonrumble »

Hi,

I tried TC few months ago but I bought XYPlorer. I do miss one feature from TC. It has a feature called Directorty Hotlist where you can add items and subitems. it is possible to quickly navigate them by using first letter shortcut. You can customize shortcut using & as well. So you can say Source -> &Production and Source -> &QA. I can quickly press Ctrl + D , s, p or Ctrl + D, s, q.

In XYplorer, we can mark folder or file as favorite. it is not possible to organize them using multilevel scheme. May be it is possible using scripting?

Thanks
Amit

highend

Re: Favorite Directory

Post by highend »

Sure, look at popupnested() to create multi-level submenus which you can access via their first letter...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

sorry, is this functionality only available scripting. I will look into Scripting.

Thanks

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

Hi Thanks for reply. At this point learning scripting and creating/reading menu from file will be a big task for me. Hopefully we will see this feature in XYPlorer in future. Till then fingers crossed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might also try menu User | Manage Commands... and there the section Go To. You can add paths and assign keyboard shortcuts to each of them...

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

Thank You, It is really helpful. Do you have any such enhancement planned for favorite folder and files?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean keyboard shortcuts? No, this is what User | Go To... is already there for.

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

No, I meant to organize favorites in multilevel. I can already assign keyboard shortcut and have popup for favorite folders and navigate throgh that.

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

I played around little bit. I can assign keyboard shortcut to Go To and all Go to links will show up in pop up and access the links using first character but if I have to create lots of shortcts under go to or favorites. It is not possible to filter among them or easily navigate them by chaining keypresses.

For now, I will create more go to links but when you have time give it a thought. If we can group by our favourites and access it with chain keypresses. it is fastest way to navigate throught many shortcuts.

Thank You for prompt response and great software.

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

Is it possible to add Nested Hamburger functionality in Favourite folder and files? Manage Favorite folder has ability to amend it manually.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, but you can create such a menu via scripting.