Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Post Reply
cadu
Posts: 249
Joined: 18 Mar 2012 21:50

Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by cadu » 05 May 2019 19:08

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.

I set a shortcut for the command "Tab History (#345)".

If the tree is ON when I press the shortcut, "Tab History" list pops-up on the tree (see snapshot).

If the tree is OFF when I press the shortcut, the list pops-up on the active pane, which is the way I need always, even when the tree is ON.

So, is it possible set "Tab History" to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Thank you!
_xyplorer_Tab history_2019-05-05_13-57-28.png
_xyplorer_Tab history_2019-05-05_13-57-28.png (206.55 KiB) Viewed 1288 times

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48884
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Cologne, Win 8.1, Win 10
Contact:

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by admin » 17 Nov 2019 15:11

Ok, fixed in next version.
FAQ | XY News RSS | XY Twitter | Stay home! 🎸 Wear DIY masks! 😷

lambda
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Mar 2020 02:45

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by lambda » 07 May 2020 17:34

admin wrote:
17 Nov 2019 15:11
Ok, fixed in next version.

I had the same problem,is it solved?
now in my xyplorer "Tab History" list also always pop-up on tree.
please

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48884
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Cologne, Win 8.1, Win 10
Contact:

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by admin » 09 May 2020 11:15

How do you trigger "Tab History" ?
FAQ | XY News RSS | XY Twitter | Stay home! 🎸 Wear DIY masks! 😷

lambda
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Mar 2020 02:45

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by lambda » 09 May 2020 12:31

admin wrote:
09 May 2020 11:15
How do you trigger "Tab History" ?
just like cadu set shorcut key for "tab history",and on active tab press key

cadu
Posts: 249
Joined: 18 Mar 2012 21:50

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by cadu » 09 May 2020 14:10

Hi.
It wasn't solved yet.
Any chance the developer can address the problem?
Up to now, when I attach a shortcut to the command "tab history", every time I press the shortcut the pop-up window appears only over the tree, not considering the active pane.
Thanks,
Cadu

klownboy
Posts: 2942
Joined: 28 Feb 2012 19:27

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by klownboy » 09 May 2020 14:34

It does seem odd that the location of the tab history is different when you use the shortcut key. For me in that case the history shows up at the tree or if the nav panel /tree is off it displays where it would be. If I invoke tab history from a tab's context menu it shows up at that location (i.e., under the tab where it was invoked) even though the context menu shows the same assigned key combo. I suppose it would be nice if the menu displayed all the time as if it was invoked by the tab's context menu since it is the history of the "active or highlighted" tab at that time.

lambda
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Mar 2020 02:45

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by lambda » 09 May 2020 14:49

cadu wrote:
09 May 2020 14:10
Hi.
It wasn't solved yet.
Any chance the developer can address the problem?
Up to now, when I attach a shortcut to the command "tab history", every time I press the shortcut the pop-up window appears only over the tree, not considering the active pane.
Thanks,
Cadu
Thanks for your reply

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48884
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Cologne, Win 8.1, Win 10
Contact:

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by admin » 10 May 2020 16:26

Set tweak PopupMenusAtSelection to 0:

Code: Select all

PopupMenusAtSelection=0
How to tweak:
https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak
FAQ | XY News RSS | XY Twitter | Stay home! 🎸 Wear DIY masks! 😷

lambda
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Mar 2020 02:45

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by lambda » 11 May 2020 03:14

admin wrote:
10 May 2020 16:26
Set tweak PopupMenusAtSelection to 0:

Code: Select all

PopupMenusAtSelection=0
How to tweak:
https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak
it works :tup: ,Thanks for your help very much! :appl: :appl:

cadu
Posts: 249
Joined: 18 Mar 2012 21:50

Re: Possible set "Tab History" list to pop-up always on the active pane, even when the tree is ON?

Post by cadu » 12 May 2020 17:02

lambda wrote:
11 May 2020 03:14
admin wrote:
10 May 2020 16:26
Set tweak PopupMenusAtSelection to 0:

Code: Select all

PopupMenusAtSelection=0
How to tweak:
https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak
it works :tup: ,Thanks for your help very much! :appl: :appl:
Perfect. Working great now! Thanks!

Post Reply