How to save last changes.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MaxEnrik

How to save last changes.

Post by MaxEnrik »

I keep open my XYplorer 2hrs or more (/even I don't close it until shutdown my machine). So sometimes XYplorer crashes. When XYplorer crashed all tabs and last changes not saved, what can I do for saving each changes even crashed happens?

jupe

Re: How to save last changes.

Post by jupe »

Your best bet would be enabling this:

Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Save Settings | Save changes to disk immediately
Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Save Settings | Apply to...

PS: XY crashing is usually a rare occurrence unless you have Adobe PDF Reader installed and the preview pane/window visible, which is a known issue with Adobe software and can be avoided.

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

I am worrying its already set as you mentioned, didn't helped so far. Am I missing something?
(I have no idea why it happens, even I don't do heavy things.)

MaxEnrik

Post by MaxEnrik »

I don't preview .pdf files in XY as I mentioned I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I open all .pdf file by itself.

So about XY crashes its so interesting once I catch that moment when I needed to drag single (not damaged / even smaller than 1mb size) image file to XY and immediately XY disappeared. And didn't saved changes I mean I had opened few more new pages in that season and after XY crashes I saw XY didn't saved that season changes. (I hope I explained clearly)

I just wonder about do XY have log console or something else that I can read about what was issue to XY crashed, please?

jupe

Post by jupe »

If there is anything to see, you might have an error log file created in the root of your XY Data folder named something like this:

xyerrorlog-2019-02-13_22-09-05.txt

but it might not exist, I would still recommend disabling the Adobe preview handler to rule it out completely because if you are browsing a folder with a PDF in it, it could still get launched without you realizing, although you have made it now sound like XY is silently closing, not crashing with an error of some sort. Also another source of crashes can be rogue shell extensions, but also might not be in your case:

https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=ctxcrash

Going on historical evidence most random XY crashes are usually caused by 3rd party software.