How to permanently lock a particular tab

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mariovalerio

How to permanently lock a particular tab

Post by mariovalerio »

Hello to everybody,
I would like to lock a particular folder tab in a specific location and that this tab never disappears or changes, but that any clicked folder within this folder appears in a new Tab. I use permanently this specific folder so that it's inconvenient for me every time to re-select it.
Although I have "locked" the tab location, when i click a folder within it, then the tab changes.
Thank you for helping.

highend

Re: How to permanently lock a particular tab

Post by highend »

Show a screenshot of Configuration - Tabs and Panes - Tabs
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

tparker24

Post by tparker24 »

mariovalerio wrote: 13 Apr 2019 05:12 Hello to everybody,
I would like to lock a particular folder tab in a specific location and that this tab never disappears or changes, but that any clicked folder within this folder appears in a new Tab. I use permanently this specific folder so that it's inconvenient for me every time to re-select it.
Although I have "locked" the tab location, when i click a folder within it, then the tab changes.
Thank you for helping.
I had the exact same frustrating problem. I experimented around and found that if I unchecked Default Tab, then locking worked as expected.

So, right click on the Tab you want to lock, and make sure you have Lock Location checked, and make sure you have Default Tab UN-checked. BTW, I'm on version 20.20.0200.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

In addition to the other replies, the tab right click setting you should look at is "Lock Home Zone". If that is checked, when you click on any sub folder of the locked tab location, you will remain on the same tab. If it's not checked, when you click on a subfolder, it should open a new tab or it will open that folder location in the "default tab" if you have one established. Any folder location selected that does not have a locked tab for that location will open in the default tab if you have one set. If there is no default tab, the folder location is opened in a new tab.

A good example for use of Locked Home Zone would be a "Photographs" folder. All your photos for various people, trips, or destinations under this tab location. If you have selected locked home zone for your "Photographs" folder then when you click on files or photos in any sub folder under "Photographs" (e.g., "Denmark 2018"), you'll remain in the same tab.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440