Is there a "path" argument to append selected folder/file "path" to script with "run" command?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cadu

Is there a "path" argument to append selected folder/file "path" to script with "run" command?

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.

I'm trying to implement a script, which should add selected folder/file "path" to the "run" command.

This is the script, in which I tried both [path] and <path> commands without success:

Code: Select all

Run "C:\app\filemenu tools\cmdfmt64.exe" FolderSize "[path]"
Let's say the selected folder in XYplorer pane is "Z:\TEST\XYplorer", so the expected script should replace [path] and run:

Code: Select all

Run "C:\app\filemenu tools\cmdfmt64.exe" FolderSize "Z:\TEST\XYplorer"
In short, I need a valid "path" argument, since [path] and <path> didn't work.

Thank you very much!

Xyplorer insert file path.png
Xyplorer insert file path.png (32.48 KiB) Viewed 541 times

jupe

Re: Is there a "path" argument to append selected folder/file "path" to script with "run" command?

Post by jupe »

<curpath> is what you need, FYI the best place to look for the available variables is in the help file under Advanced Topics \ Variables, you'll find the help file really can be helpful if used.

PS: You'll probably need to double up your double quotes for the run command, that is explained in the Advanced Topics \ Using Quotes in Scripting section of the help file.

Also contained in the help file under the run command, there is a WinMerge example that is similar to what you are trying to do showing the correct quoting and [alternative] path variables (and the next example after even uses the <curpath> variable), so again having read the help file even just for the run command that you are trying to use, would have been, helpful.

cadu

Re: Is there a "path" argument to append selected folder/file "path" to script with "run" command?

Post by cadu »

jupe wrote: 04 Apr 2019 02:40 <curpath> is what you need, FYI the best place to look for the available variables is in the help file under Advanced Topics \ Variables, you'll find the help file really can be helpful if used.

PS: You'll probably need to double up your double quotes for the run command, that is explained in the Advanced Topics \ Using Quotes in Scripting section of the help file.

Also contained in the help file under the run command, there is a WinMerge example that is similar to what you are trying to do showing the correct quoting and [alternative] path variables (and the next example after even uses the <curpath> variable), so again having read the help file even just for the run command that you are trying to use, would have been, helpful.
Thank you very much for the comprehensive directions!
<curitem> worked for me.