Extending file-name color filters across the column

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
pdanese

Extending file-name color filters across the column

Post by pdanese »

Hi,

I have been using XYplorer's color-filters based on file-names to help me (more quickly) find specific files in a directory (and it's great).

I have one minor modification that I would like to make, but I am not sure if it's possible.

As it stands, my color-filters alter the background color of a file-name.
But the background colors only cover the file-name.
My nitpicky issue with this is that files with short names (see xhi.py in the pic below) only have a little bit of color, which makes them somewhat harder for me to find at-a-glance.

Is there a way to extend the background color across the entire naming column? See pic below.

Thank you.

aubrey97

Re: Extending file-name color filters across the column

Post by aubrey97 »

The problem with that is that there are a lot of other reasons to color the whole row - most especially for labels -- so it would make those labels hard to see. The problem for me is really the reverse of what you describe -- that row color for labelled items abolishes the partial row color from the color filter -- I think it should show both.

pdanese

Post by pdanese »

Thank you. I am not sure I was clear in my original post. I don't necessarily want to have the background go across the entire row. I just want it to extend to a uniform width across the "Name" column. I realize it's not perfect, but for my purposes, it would be helpful.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I sure see your point with "xhi.py". I will see if I can add this option...

UPDATE: Done. 8)