amazing context menus behavour

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Leopoldus

amazing context menus behavour

Post by Leopoldus »

I've disclosed very amazing context menus behavior in TrackerV. When opening context menu for some types of files (e.g. *.doc, *.gif, but not *.pdf) registered in my system, TrackerV opens its own short modified menu (interesting, that NOT for every *.doc file, but for the most of them; I suppose it to depend of which symbols contains the filename).
The commands list in this modified context menu is the following: Info to Clipboard; Rename Special; Move to; Copy to; Backup to; Open; Exit without saving; Restart App without saving; Save configuration as; Create shortcut to this configuration... (wished to add the screen capture, but have not found such option at this forum.) For other files Tracker opens my standard context menu with TrackerV commands at the top of list.

This modified menu suites for some cases and do not suite for others. Is there any option to invoke my standard context menu for those files as well?
Last edited by Leopoldus on 23 Mar 2005 14:00, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: amazing context menus behavour

Post by admin »

Sounds incredible. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it. Can you send me a screenshot by email?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the screenshots!
Alright, now I remember: popping up the file menu was an emergency routine for the rare case that the standard context menu would fail to open (for whatever reason... probably some custom shell extension). I never saw this happening for the last 5 years on my system, but you seem to have managed :wink:

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

admin wrote:...for the rare case that the standard context menu would fail to open (for whatever reason... probably some custom shell extension).
OK. But, at the first, *.doc is not my custom extension, isn't it? And at the second, have you any idea, why Tracker gives simultanously different context menus (standard and its own) for different files of the same type? What could be the criterium for differentiation?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Leopoldus wrote:... have you any idea, why Tracker gives simultanously different context menus (standard and its own) for different files of the same type? What could be the criterium for differentiation?
Look at the context menus of those files in Explorer: do you see any differences?

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Yes, I've got it! Those files with modified context menu are all in the folder which was copied to my local drive from another computer via LAN (folder has read-only attribute and a file Desktop.ini with the following content:

Code: Select all

[.ShellClassInfo]
CLSID2={0AFACED1-E828-11D1-9187-B532F1E9575D}
Flags=2
I've not considered this specific features ever before.