Hover Box or Picture Preview

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
beethoven

Hover Box or Picture Preview

Post by beethoven »

I just installed the latest version 19.6 on a tablet and tried to configure it closely to my main pc (still running 19.4). One of the features I can't get is the image preview. I tried the config F9 / file info tips but was looking for something relating to images. I do find the show hover box but if this is a new improved feature but can't figure out how it works. If I put my cursor onto a folder, no preview comes up and pictures don't show me a popup either. Is there another setting somewhere I am overlooking that activates these?

bdeshi

Re: Hover Box or Picture Preview

Post by bdeshi »

Click the "Select Controls" button below "Show Hover Box" in config, and make sure "List" is checked.
Click the "Select Item Types..." button, and check "Folders" to get folder popups, and other files types as you need.

Still not getting previews?
Maybe you have these options enabled. Try disabling them
Configuration > Information > File Info Tips > Show info tips only when hovering file icon
Configuration > Information > File Info Tips > Show info tips only while the shift key is held down
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Thanks Sammay

unfortunately I had already everything checked as required and unticked as suggested.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Ok. Can you show a screenshot of the "File Info Tip" Page in config?
[ this user is asleep ]

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

please see attached - also, maybe I am confusing things - as far as I understand the hover box shows information on all kinds of folders or files. While this is interesting, I have not used it in the past, so don't know how much I miss it. However the preview of jpgs is very helpful and was present in XY prior to hover box (?). I would be happy if I could just this active again. The instructions used to be show image info - I guess that has been changed in one of the updates over the last year?
Attachments
FileInfoTips2.jpg
FileInfoTips2.jpg (164.86 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
FileInfoTips.jpg
FileInfoTips.jpg (190.31 KiB) Viewed 3380 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

Can I just ask a couple questions, are you getting Hover Box mixed up with MDBU ? and you say you are using a tablet, do you have a mouse attached to it?

https://www.xyplorer.com/highlights.php#mdbu

Also are you aware you can easily import your settings from your other computer if you wanted to avoid all this re-configuration.

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Jupe,

quite possible I am getting mixed up with some of the features. Now following your link I can see that in my "working pc" I have enabled MDonThumbnails and Icons on left mouse but actually I don't get the pop up. I do however get a preview of a small picture when hovering the cursor over jpgs (no need for any left click).

As for the tablet, I am not using a mouse for this - just the touch screen or mouse pad and weirdly at this point, just checking once more my tablet, the picture preview actually works when using the touch pad. Not sure what I did now to solve that mystery.

You mention the import settings option - how would I do that - that sounds like a great feature.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Well all the settings you need in regards to MDBU are on this page:

Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up

so adjust them to get it working, it should be pretty self explanatory, and they are all explained in the help file if you press F1 while on that page in the config if you need clarification. (FYI: MDBU requires clicking and holding the mouse button down)

In regards to the settings, check out these menu items:

File | Settings Special | Save Configuration As...
File | Settings Special | Load Configuration...

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

beethoven wrote: 19 Feb 2019 06:32 I do however get a preview of a small picture when hovering the cursor over jpgs (no need for any left click).
This actually is the Hover Box feature.
[ this user is asleep ]

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Thanks Guys for all your help

arnouds

Post by arnouds »

SammaySarkar wrote: 18 Feb 2019 12:22 Click the "Select Controls" button below "Show Hover Box" in config, and make sure "List" is checked.
Click the "Select Item Types..." button, and check "Folders" to get folder popups, and other files types as you need.

Still not getting previews?
Maybe you have these options enabled. Try disabling them
Configuration > Information > File Info Tips > Show info tips only when hovering file icon
Configuration > Information > File Info Tips > Show info tips only while the shift key is held down
I had the same problem. For me your solution worked fine, many thanks!