Can XYplorer commands added to "Portable open with menu" have their icons appearing?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cadu

Can XYplorer commands added to "Portable open with menu" have their icons appearing?

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.

As you can see in the snapshot below, the commands I added to "Portable open with menu" are presented with the default script icon (blue rectangle with white triangle).

Can XYplorer those commands have their icons appearing instead (e.g. as the icons in Breadcrumb menu)?

Thanks for the assistance,
Carlos

Xyplorer Open With icons_2019-02-16_12-10-31.png
Xyplorer Open With icons_2019-02-16_12-10-31.png (160.51 KiB) Viewed 748 times

bdeshi

Re: Can XYplorer commands added to "Portable open with menu" have their icons appearing?

Post by bdeshi »

If you read the user manual's page on portable file associations, you'll find this:
You can define the icon that's shown for each item in the Portable Openwith Menu (POM). Simply append any file spec to the Caption (see above), separated by a | (pipe). It can be an icon file or any other file or folder with associated system icon. XYplorer native variables, environment variables, and portable paths are supported.

"No extension|E:\Test\Kiss.ico" *.>UEdit32
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

jupe

Re: Can XYplorer commands added to "Portable open with menu" have their icons appearing?

Post by jupe »

It's amazing the information that you can find by reading the help file... pressing F1 while in a dialog you want more information about is a good place to start.

cadu

Post by cadu »

jupe wrote: 17 Feb 2019 05:02 It's amazing the information that you can find by reading the help file... pressing F1 while in a dialog you want more information about is a good place to start.
Even I used the help, I missed information. Thank you @SammaySarkar for the directions.

Summarizing my question and exemplifying the syntax that worked for me:

Icons in "Open With Menu" using inbuilt XYplorer icon:

Code: Select all

|"New Item|:newfolder" \;*>::#240
Icons in "Open With Menu" using custom icon (Obs.: .png files don't work here, just .ico accepted):

Code: Select all

|"Copy PATH|<xypath>\Data\Icons\Copy_Path.ico" \;*>::#101
Cheers!