How to make XYplorer default download explorer?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
BiggyJ

How to make XYplorer default download explorer?

Post by BiggyJ »

Little help needed please...

I need to make XYplorer my default download explorer?

I set XYplorer to be the default explorer so when I double click on a folder it opens. But... that IS NOT what I need. I need to have XYplorer open the "save as" window so that when I right click on a file in a browser, I can download to the last used (saved to) folder in XYplorer.

That may not be clear...

I download files and images all the time from a web browser but it always defaults to the "save to" folder in Chrome. Chrome will not except an empty choice in the settings “save to” field. I want XYplorer to pop up when I right click on a file from within the browser. My problem now is that I am always creating new folders and it is a pain in the ass to always have to browse to where I want to download to. Sometimes these folders are 3-4 levels deep. And when you are downloading say... 20-30 files, It's a royal pain.

So, I need to be able to get XYplorer setup so I can have it open to the last used folder anytime I do a right click to save a file from the web.

Your help would be greatly apricated.

Thank you,
John

highend

Re: How to make XYplorer default download explorer?

Post by highend »

That's not possible.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Borut

Post by Borut »

True, not possible that way, but see the free tool Listary. XY and Listary are cooperating very well and I am happy using it most of the time.

https://www.listary.com/
Win 10 Pro 64bit

BiggyJ

Post by BiggyJ »

Any idea how to make Win 10 do that?

Thanks,
John

highend

Post by highend »

Do what?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal