Folder View challenges

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MBaas

Folder View challenges

Post by MBaas »

After loss of diskspace I had to restore an older .ini and am now in a position where I have to tweak my config again.

I have now adjusted the list view in the left pane as I like it - and would now like to make this the default.
So I did View > FVS (FVS enabled) > "Deine this folder view as default". Ok - but the right pane doesn't reflect all of these settings, it seems that the settings "Show age" age "Circles" of the Date-Column's context-menu are not shared. Also the settings of the size-column's context-menu seem to be local only.

Is there a way to make them "global"? I find it confusing that there is the abily to set a default view - but then it does not include all settings.

It's the same with FVS completely disabled - how could I then make one list's setting the global default (and have it applied)?
Last edited by MBaas on 11 Feb 2019 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

jupe

Re: Folder View challenges

Post by jupe »

Same settings globally should be something like this, if that is what you really want:

View | Folder View Settings | [✔] Enable Folder View Settings
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | [✔] Apply list styles globally
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | [✖] Remember list settings per tab

and then re-set the default FVS (you'll need to re-open folders in the inactive pane for changes to propagate) also some settings are pane specific too such as the ones you mention, and aren't covered by FVS so need to be set in each pane independently once only.

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

:appl: Thanks!

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

I'd like Age Circles to be set as View > Folder View Settings > Define as Default.

But in a few directories I'd like Age Circles to be turned off. But when I View > Folder View Settings > Save Folder View... it doesn't hold in those few directories, no matter how I set the Config.

Any thoughts?
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function

jupe

Post by jupe »

jupe wrote: 11 Feb 2019 13:54also some settings are pane specific too such as the ones you mention, and aren't covered by FVS so need to be set in each pane independently once only.
Age circles are global (per pane) setting, not part of FVS.

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

I was afraid of that... thanks Jupe.
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function

jupe

Post by jupe »

Depending on the amount of effort you want to put into this it could be worked around. If you have age circles displayed in the date column, you could make a custom date column and hide the default column (which would hide the graphics), or if you have the graphics displayed in the name column instead, use a custom "Name" column and another custom column for the icon only in those folders you don't want age graphics displayed (although that will require full row select enabled in those locations if using the latter option), or just use 1 pane for folders with age graphics enabled, 1 pane for folders without.