File moved to other folder has modification date changed

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bart

File moved to other folder has modification date changed

Post by Bart »

I have set the Colour Filters in Configuration section. Different gray shades for aging files.

One of the samples: ageM: f:<= 15 n //modified within a quarter of an hour

When I move a file to another folder, the file is not modified, but it is still considered as "new", hence the colour changes.

Setting the date of creation of the file as parameter is not the solution.

In the help section I already did look after the different parameters.
Highend outside this forum

jupe

Re: File moved to other folder has modification date changed

Post by jupe »

For a start your filter definition is incorrect, try it like this:

Code: Select all

ageM f: <= 15 n //modified within a quarter of an hour
I haven't tested whether this fixes your stated problem because I am on my phone currently, but it probably will.

Bart

Post by Bart »

The code I use is correct.

I did not describe well the issue the file colour does not change but the folder. I remember there was a discussion elsewhere on this forum whether a folder is changed if a file was added or deleted.

I am looking for a new setting under "Enable Colour Filter", such as [ ] Ignore folders.

jupe

Post by jupe »

You didn't describe it properly at all, and I know you said you looked in the help file, but if you had you would see that the "f" in your definition does exactly what you are requesting, so if you try the code I previously supplied I am pretty confident it will fix it because you have an erroneous colon in the sample entry you provided as I previously alluded to, if you bothered to look at my last reply.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Bart wrote: 03 Feb 2019 11:27I did not describe well the issue the file colour does not change but the folder.
You're fighting the system, because as far as I know, change of a folder's content is considered a modification of the folder itself in the NTFS master file table, hence the update of its modification timestamp.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080219020 ... /kb/299648
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Bart

Post by Bart »

jupe wrote: 03 Feb 2019 11:37 You didn't describe it properly at all, and I know you said you looked in the help file, but if you had you would see that the "f" in your definition does exactly what you are requesting, so if you try the code I previously supplied I am pretty confident it will fix it because you have an erroneous colon in the sample entry you provided as I previously alluded to, if you bothered to look at my last reply.
I have added two images. I am working with the colour filter codes for a while they are working well.
Attachments
2019-02-03 18_13_05-C__Users_Bart_Dropbox_Sales_Quotations_2019_01 January - XYplorer 19.60.jpg
2019-02-03 18_13_05-C__Users_Bart_Dropbox_Sales_Quotations_2019_01 January - XYplorer 19.60.jpg (158.79 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
2019-02-03 18_08_38-Configuration - XYplorer @ C__Users_Bart_AppData_Roaming_XYplorer_XYplorer.ini -.jpg
2019-02-03 18_08_38-Configuration - XYplorer @ C__Users_Bart_AppData_Roaming_XYplorer_XYplorer.ini -.jpg (53.71 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

I will try this 1 more time, since you seem to be ignoring me I'll add visual aides this time.

INCORRECT_COLON.png
INCORRECT_COLON.png (61.94 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

Now if you look in the help file, do you see this colon in any of the examples, when combined with the f: ? A filter definition can look like it is working, but if the syntax is incorrect you will get undesired results (for example: folders getting colored)