Identify Missing Files

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Identify Missing Files

Post by VeeGee »

Good evening,
My movie share on my NAS is setup as a network share with a folder for each movie. The folder is named MOVIE (YEAR). Inside the folder is a matching MOVIE (YEAR).MKV and (most have) a matching subtitle file MOVIE (YEAR).SRT.

For example,
Image-139.png
Image-139.png (5.02 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Each folder has a matching MKV that is the same name as the folder :
Image-140.png
Image-140.png (2.66 KiB) Viewed 335 times
If available, each folder will also have a matching subtitle file :
Image-141.png
Image-141.png (2.13 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Using XY's powerful search and/or scripting, is it possible to identify folders that are missing a matching SRT (subtitle) file ? I should be able to use VBScript to rip through the folders, get the name and log any missing SRT files; however, I wanted to check and see if 1) XY can do it and/or 2) if XY scripting is the only option, is it more powerful/easier to use.

All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

jupe

Re: Identify Missing Files

Post by jupe »

You should be able to just do something like this from addressbar (may need to adjust path):

\\10.10.10.3\video\movies?*.srt /xf

which would show all folders not containing a srt, if that is narrow enough scope. ie. this wouldn't check if there wasn't a matching subtitle, it would just check if there wasn't a subtitle file at all, which may be good enough for what you are trying to achieve? Otherwise just do a quicksearch() for all srt files, and then check each one if exists() with a mkv extension (or vice-versa), it would only be a couple of XY scripting lines.

VeeGee

Re: Identify Missing Files

Post by VeeGee »

This is awesome ! Worked perfectly and with just a single line ! Scanned one of my shares and it quickly identified folders w/missing SRTs :
Image-142.png
Image-142.png (10.52 KiB) Viewed 325 times
UPDATE : Thanks for pointing me in the right direction w/Quick Search. I was also able to add a new CTB with the following :

Code: Select all

text quicksearch("*.srt /xf /maxdepth=1", "\\10.10.10.3\video\Movies", , "s");
I'm still reading the manual on Quick Search to see if there are any other switches I can use that would be helpful.